Matthew R. Kestian is an Associate at Camden & Meridew, P.C He is licensed in the state of Indiana. Matt has prosecuted more than 25 jury trials. His most significant trials have been homicides, sexual assaults, child care home fatalities, and white collar crimes. As a past supervisor once said – give it to Matt, he’ll try anything.
Before becoming an attorney, Matt was an U.S. Army armor officer and deployed to Kosovo in 1999 and Iraq in 2003 and 2005. During these deployments he served in a variety of roles such as tank platoon leader, company executive officer, battalion/task force logistics officer, and public affairs officer.
Matt lives in Fishers with his wife Heather and their three sons. Matt enjoys spending his free time running, cycling, making his own wine and beer, or watching his boys play soccer.
- University of Toledo College of Law, J.D. (Cum Laude)
- United States Military Academy at West Point, B.S. (Dean’s List)
- Southern District of Indiana Federal Court
- Indiana Supreme Court
- Indiana Court of Appeals
- Indiana Circuit, Superior and City Courts
Honors and Achievements
- Prevail Hero of the Month, July 2014
- Associate Member, University of Toledo Law Review, 2007-2008
- Awarded the Bronze Star
- 3rd Place in the Male 25-29 Age Group in the Pikes Peak Triple Crown of Running, 2004
- Twice earned a “Distinguished” score on Tank Table VIII
- Graduate of Airborne school and Air Assault school
Publications & Lectures
- Instructor for the North American Securities Administrators Association Advanced Litigation and Deposition Training programs.
- Appeared in “$cammed: Investment Fraud Revealed”
- Presented “Avoiding Prosecutorial Misconduct at Trial” (CLE)
- Presented “Reporters are People too: The Indiana Access to Public Records Act and Media Relations” (CLE)
- Published in the University of Toledo Law Review “Civilian Contractors: Forgotten Veterans of the War on Terror”
- Project officer and appeared in “Iraq Confidential with Jesse James”